Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sa wakas, nakapag register na ako para sa COMELEC. But it wasn't easy, uh huh. 'tis what happened:

The whole country had a week long registration thingy for the COMELEC and Barangay elections. It started last monday I think and ended today. Yesterday, being the lazy that I am, I decided to follow the sacred saying "Better late than never", meaning bukas nalang ako magpaparegister kasi tinatamad ako. So what I did was to just roam around our purok and let the purok officials sign my Purok clearance.

The next day (which is today).

The registration area was at the City Hall, knowing that today would be the last day I arrived at the place at around 5:30 in the morning( yeah) expecting it to be deserted, which to my utterly dismay, was not. Almost a hundred and fifty people were already there, even though the office would open up at 8 am. Step one was to present your BC (birth c.) and PC (Purok c.) So, kasi wala na akong magawa, pumila na lang ako. And the most annoying thing was the office opened up late, 9:30 am! 'twas pure hell really. I stood in line for almost an hour (4 pag ininclude ko yung time na di pa open yung office) before ko nakuha yung form. After receiving the form, I thought that would be the end of my misery. But it was only the beginning.

More people were coming in; asking for the form for COMELEC and SK registration, transfering and picture taking for the ID. It was as if the whole city was there, 'twas so tiring. Yeah yeah.

Step two was to fill up the form and have it checked by the COMELEC officials then get your number for the picture taking. Sounds easy right? Not! It took me almost 5 and a half hours before I finally got my number. It was after countless cursings and several bottles of water that God finally pitied me. Hehehe.

Moral Lesson? Remember the saying "Better late than never"? Don't you ever believe it, Hahahaha. Yeah, so if you have something important to do, do it now!

Jeez, am I making sense? xoxo

No comments: